And almost everyone knows that there are two seasons in most African countries: rainy and dry
But hardly anyone realizes how difficult life becomes during the dry season for those without clean water.
To get an idea, imagine:
- cooking with water the color of tea leaves
- walking 3 miles, one way, to the nearest clean water source only to find no water pressure in the pipe
- not bathing for weeks
- having a sick child who drank unclean water
- having sick animalswho drank unclean water
- being continuallly dehydrated
- not being able to go to school because you have to carry water, which is an all-day ordeal
- carrying 50 lbs of water on your head for miles
- watching babies die due to water borne diseases
But hope is on the way. And many of you helped. Thank you.